The Spiral Wing Pulley is formed by a pair of flat steel bars helically wound around a wing pulley. The bars converge at the center of the pulley, spiraling out towards both ends at a 3-inch pitch, ensuring constant contact with the belt. This contact eliminates excessive noise and vibration sometimes found in standard wing pulley designs.
1. Spiral wings are gentler on mechanical splices than standard wings;
2. Spiral allows continuous belt contact for reduced belt vibration and noise compared to standard wings;
3. Built using our proven Heavy Duty Wing construction;
4. Rugged design that uses our proven mine duty wing construction;
5. Thicker wings and spiral contact bar give added strength and wear resistance.
Spiral Wings can available in Crown or Flat Face, standard sizes range from 12" to 60" in diameter. The finished diameter will be greater than the specified diameter by twice the spiral bar thickness. Example: A 12″ diameter spiral wing will actually be 12 3/4″ over the spiral.
Locate the “arrow” (shown in Figure 1) formed by the bars as the spiral in each direction in the center of the pulley.
NOTE: You may need to rotate the pulley to find this “arrow” Install the Spiral Wing Pulley so the “arrow” points in the direction of rotation. This maximizes the cleaning action of the spirals.